Vegetable noodles. Who doesn’t love noodles? Vibrant veggies steal the show in this stir-fry made of simple noodles, nutritious vegetables and hints of soy sauce. A perfect quick and easy vegetarian dinner idea.
Well, let me introduce you to the first dish I learned to cook without any kitchen wrecking disaster. Yes, I’m talking about a successful recreation of this super simple noodles when I was just 18 or 19. Amidst semester exams, assignments and nerve-wracking practicals, cooking was obviously the last thing on my mind. But honestly, I was thrilled to be able to cook on my own.
In my opinion, a delicious meal doesn’t always need complex flavors. Sometimes, simple ingredients can deliver amazing dishes that are super flavorful and delicious. This vegetable noodles recipe is such a great example.
It’s just the simple classic vegetarian version of your favorite noodles, but made perfect with the best ingredients. Trust me, this is so good.
Since I’ve been thinking about a gluten free noodles recipe, I made it with rice noodles. However, the classic flavors in this dish goes really well with any kind of noodles. If you’ve a favorite kind of noodles, feel free to use it in this recipe. I really love every kind of noodles you can find in the market. I know, if you’re like me, it won’t be easy to pick a favorite.
Apart from your favorite noodles, the other ingredients that go into this vegetable noodles include a few vegetables like cabbage, carrots, bell peppers (capsicum), spring onions (scallions), and crushed garlic and white pepper powder. Whenever I make veg noodles, my ultimate aim is to load it with plenty of veggies. Babycorns, mushrooms and green beans are my other favorite additions.
You’ll also need a flavorful sauce to coat the noodles to make it even more delicious. I like to keep it simple with a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce.
Simple ingredients made unbelievably delicious. It’s quick, easy and big on flavor.
Watch recipe video below:
- 50 g noodles (choose your favorite - I used rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced spring onions (or scallions)
- ½ cup julienned bell pepper (or capsicum)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- Chopped spring onions (or scallions), to garnish
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain. Lightly coat in oil. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic. Stir fry for few seconds or until aromatic. Add vegetables. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender but crisp. Add noodles, soy sauce and white pepper powder. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Garnish with chopped spring onions (scallions).
- Add more veggies like babycorn, mushrooms and green beans if you like
Like this vegetable noodles recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube. Don’t forget to check out:
- Honey Soy Noodles
- Chili Garlic Noodles
- Pad Thai
- Spicy Thai Chicken Noodles
- Singapore Noodles
- Easy Chicken Chowmein Noodles
- American Chopsuey Indian Style