Hi! My name is Rose. Those close to me call me Nisha. I’m the author, recipe developer, and photographer behind Nish Kitchen. Welcome to my tiny space in the blogosphere!
I’m inspired by the traditional recipes from India where I spent my childhood days, and create easy and delicious meals using fresh, seasonal produce right in my kitchen in Adelaide, Australia. Wherever I am, there are certain things that always make me feel happy – cooking, and of course, my family.
Growing up, I was channeled towards a strict academic path (graduating as a physiotherapist), but I always wanted to do something that triggers the creative part of my brain. But I never ever thought about pursuing such a career until I moved to Australia. When I wrote the first blog post and zoomed in my lens to capture the best possible shot, I was literally pushing myself beyond my comfort zone and entering a new world of culinary adventure. Eventually, I started to love every minute of my career as a blogger, and this turned out to be an incredible platform to showcase some of the creative ideas overcrowding my brain. Entering the world of blogging was an accident but also a dream come true.
My fascination towards cooking started with recreating traditional recipes when I was very young; but the real love developed when I moved to Australia and my life in this country literally pulled me towards international cuisine. Without a doubt, my love affair with cooking has fuelled my insatiable appetite to know about other cuisines around the world. I’ve also discovered a lot about cooking techniques & tricks, but there’s lot more to learn.
My ultimate goal is to inspire you to create simple, delicious meals for your family and have an adventure right in your own kitchen.
You are always welcome to read my recipes, try them at home, and share your thoughts.
Have a great day,
- Baked Tandoori Fish on Brit+Co: 13 Recipes to Celebrate National Seafood Month
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry on Buzzfeed: 15 Insanely Good Slow Cooker Indian Food Recipes
- Chickpea Fudge / Mysore Pak on FeedFeed: Indian Desserts
- Veggie Pizza on BuzzFeed: 12 Insanely Delicious Pizzas That are Better Than Takeout
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry on Huffington Post Canada : Slow Cooker Recipes: Delicious Meals with Simple Prep
- Cheesy paneer pav bhaji sliders on Buzzfeed: 10 Delicious Types Of Pav Bhaji That You Haven’t Tasted Yet