Indian spiced chicken tray bake. Looking for fast and fresh everyday dinner ideas loaded with mouthwatering flavors? Why not make this chicken and veggies baked in one tray, and enjoy a flavorful meal in the comfort of your home?
Tray bakes are obviously one of the easiest ways to enjoy a fabulous meal with less time in the kitchen. Just because everything is made in one tray. What do you think?
Honestly, this Indian spiced chicken tray bake has become a favorite in my household. It’s easy, healthy and totally customizable. What’s not to love?
Recently, I’ve been on a mission to incorporate more veggies into everyday meals. You know that I love fresh vegetables in my diet, this vegetable fried rice is such a great example.
Well, coming to the recipe, the two core ingredients in this tray bake recipe include chicken and vegetables. I used chicken thigh fillets that are easy to marinate and quick to cook. Having said that, breast fillets or even drumsticks taste delicious in this recipe.
I also marinated chicken in few aromatic spices like smoked paprika and ground cumin. You’ll also need lemon zest and lemon juice to make it more delicious. This chicken is loaded with flavors, and it’s going to make you drool.
For the vegetables, choose your favorites or beautiful summer produce from your garden. Bell peppers (capsicum), cauliflower, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets – all go really well with the flavors in chicken.
To make this chicken tray bake, you’ll need to marinate all the ingredients, arrange them in a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes. Easy! But incredibly delicious!
Finish with a generous sprinkle of coriander (cilantro) or mint leaves. There you go. Super healthy dinner ready in just 30 minutes. Yum!
Watch recipe video below:
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum), sliced
- 2 potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
- To make the marinade, place paprika, cumin, chili flakes, lemon juice, lemon zest and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C /400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add half of the marinade. Coat chicken in the marinade. Set aside. (Marinate for 30 minutes if you have time).
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer. Add the remaining marinade. Coat vegetables in the marinade.
- Transfer marinated chicken onto the baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Garnish with chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves.
Like this Indian spiced chicken tray bake recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube. Don’t forget to check out: