Vegetable fried rice. A dream team of rainbow veggies and classic flavors make the base of this surprisingly delicious fried rice. Perfect way to create the ultimate weeknight meal in just under 20 minutes!
Fried rice is something I’ve been enjoying cooking on a weekly basis for so many years. I love it. Kids love it. The whole family love it. I just don’t need more excuses to add it to our regular menu. So, obviously, fried rice have always been one of my go-to recipes for a quick and easy meal. Moreover, it’s perfect for entertaining when paired with your favorite curry. You can prep all the ingredients in advance and then bring them all together a couple of hours before the guests arrive.
But, whenever my favorite vegetables are in season, I love to whip up this vegetable fried rice. Vegetables are obviously nutritional powerhouse loaded with vitamins and minerals you need for a healthy and active life. In fact, they’re the perfect addition to your everyday meals.
Ok, let’s talk about this vegetable fried rice recipe. Start with cooking the perfect fluffy rice. I like to use basmati rice in fried rice because I really love the texture and flavor of this traditional rice. Of course, you can use long grain rice if you like.
Again, always cook fried rice over high heat in a large wok. If you don’t have a wok, use a large frypan instead.
Start the recipe with quickly stir frying garlic cloves in hot oil. Fry all the veggies until they are tender but crisp. Next up, cooked rice, soy sauce, vinegar and black pepper goes in. Give them a quick stir fry, and remove from heat. How easy is that?
Pretty and delicious rice studded with rainbow veggies. I really want to make another batch of this scrumptious vegetable fried rice tonight. Enjoy!
Watch recipe video below:
- 2 cups basmati rice or long grain rice, rinsed (or 4 cups leftover cooked rice)
- 2 tbsp oil (sesame oil preferred)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups vegetables (green beans, carrots and green peas)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Chopped spring onions (or scallions), to garnish
- Soak basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain. Cook according to packet instructions. (I cooked rice in boiling water for 6-10 minutes). Drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add vegetables. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in cooked rice.
- Add soy sauce, white vinegar and ground black pepper. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions (or scallions).
- For a spicy version of this vegetable fried rice, add 1 tsp green chili sauce.
- You can use white or brown basmati rice in this recipe
Like this vegetable fried rice recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube. Don’t forget to check out more delicious fried rice recipes:
- Egg Fried Rice
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Indonesian Fried Rice
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Ginger Capsicum Fried Rice