Thai chicken fried rice. Turn humble rice into a delicious and satisfying meal with fresh veggies and flavorful sauces. Clearly, a quick and easy meal idea to satisfy even the fussiest family members.
Fried rice is indisputably one of the most loved street foods in the world. And it’s the perfect way to whip up a delicious meal on busy weekdays. Sure, you can load them with your favorite veggies and protein to create a balanced, nutritious meal. Or keep them less fancy with simple combo of flavors. Either way, they’re really easy to make and amazingly delicious.
This Thai chicken fried rice is nutritious and delicious at the same time. The best part? It’s super easy to make with minimal effort and less washing up.
To make this chicken fried rice, start with cooking rice. Once drained, leave to cool completely. Again, for authentic taste, you’ll need to make this fried rice with jasmine rice. The unique taste and aroma of jasmine rice is quite important to create the perfect Thai style rice. For better results, make the rice a day ahead and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Now comes the second part. The art of creating the perfect flavor combo for this Thai chicken fried rice. Stir fry some onions and garlic in hot oil followed by cooking chicken. If you love seafood, substitute chicken with shrimp (prawns) or crab meat.
Once the protein is cooked, stir fry your favorite greens. I opted for spring onions (scallions) in this Thai chicken fried rice recipe, but bokchoy or Chinese broccoli will also taste delicious. Soy sauce and oyster sauce are the two important elements that make this rice so unique and tasty.
Finally, stir fry rice in the sauce for a few minutes and you’re done. Insanely delicious Thai fried rice made in minutes. Weeknight dinner sorted!
More fried rice recipes:
- Indonesian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
- Vegetable Fried Rice Indian Style
- Egg Fried Rice Indian Style
- Indian Chicken Fried Rice – Restaurant Style
- Ginger Capsicum Fried Rice
More Thai Recipes:
Watch Thai chicken fried rice recipe video below:
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- 500 g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ cup white of spring onions (scallions)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup greens of spring onions (scallions)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onions, to garnish
- Rinse rice under running water. Place rice in a large pot of water. Cover with 6 cups water. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain. Leave to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan. Add chopped garlic and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add chicken. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 9-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add whites of spring onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until tender. Move the mixture to one side of the pan. Add eggs. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and greens of spring onions. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with chopped spring onions (scallions).
- Serve with sliced cucumber and lemon wedges.
- To make authentic Thai fried rice, use jasmine rice
- Chicken can be substituted with shrimp or crab
Like this Thai chicken fried rice recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube.