Egg fried rice Indian style – Very simple to make yet super delicious. Eggs, vegetables and rice tossed in Chinese sauces literally give this fried rice the touch of restaurant style food. Make it on busy days, and impress your loved ones with a fabulous looking meal.
This recipe is inspired by the Chinese version of fried rice, and is massively popular all across India. It’s usually made with scrambled eggs, rice and Chinese sauces. Plus, it comes with all the goodness of fresh vegetables.
If you’re a regular reader of the blog, you already know that I’m a huge fan of flavored rice recipes. From exotic biryanis to pulao and fried rice, I’ve a small collection of such recipes on the blog.
This egg fried rice Indian style is the perfect lunch or dinner for any day. If you are planning to cook this for a special occasion, pair it with your favorite Indo Chinese side dish. You can find a bunch of side dish ideas here.
I love the fact that this egg fried rice is extremely simple to make, and it’s ready in just under 30 minutes. And that’s if you need to make it from scratch. On the other hand, if you already have leftover rice, 15 minutes is all you need to whip up a delicious meal.
To make this fried rice nutritious, I added plenty of vegetables like bell peppers (capsicums), green beans and carrots. Other good choices for this fried rice include corn, green peas and bean sprouts. Don’t forget to garnish it with lots and lots of spring onions.
Before we go to the recipe, I have a couple of quick tips for you to make TASTY fried rice each and every time.
- Stir-fry over high heat
- Slightly under cook the vegetables to make them crisp and crunchy
So here it is. Perfectly delicious dinner in minutes.
Watch recipe video below:
- 2 cups basmati or long grain rice, rinsed
- Salt to taste
- (*Or use 4 cups leftover cooked rice)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil or oil of your choice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped vegetables (I used red bell pepper or capsicum, green beans and carrots)
- 4 large eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (black pepper powder)
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- If using basmati rice, soak it in water for 20 minutes for best results.
- If using long grain rice, follow the instructions below.
- Boil plenty of water in a large saucepan. Season with salt. Add rice. When cooked, drain and leave to cool.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and stir fry for few seconds. Add vegetables. Season with salt. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until veggies are tender but crunchy. Move the vegetables to one side. Pour in the whisked eggs. Season with salt. When eggs start to set, break it up to make scrambled eggs. Season with black pepper. Add white vinegar. Stir in the cooked rice. Add soy sauce. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Garnish with spring onions.
• To make this non-vegetarian, simply add some chopped bacon, ham or rotisserie chicken.
Looking for a tasty side dish for this egg fried rice? Here are a few,
- Baked Chicken 65
- Chilli Chicken
- Dragon Chicken
- Gobi 65
- Gobi Manchurian
- Butter Chicken – Restaurant Style
- Paneer Butter Masala
Like this egg fried rice Indian style recipe? Then check out:
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Indonesian Fried Rice
- Quick and Easy Ginger Capsicum Fried Rice
- Indian Chicken Fried Rice
- Pineapple Fried Rice