Strawberry lemon cheesecake – Sweet strawberries, tangy lemons – enjoy a dessert that’s loaded with seasonal flavors. The best part? Juicy layer of fresh strawberries. All in all, this cheesecake is totally impossible to resist.
Is there anything better than a cake to enjoy a lazy weekend? This cheesecake is not only delicious but also loaded with vibrant fruits. And in this case, strawberries.
Come spring, the greengrocers and markets are flooded with this beautiful fruit. I just want to incorporate them into our everyday menu. And yes, this strawberry lemon cheesecake explodes with strawberries baked right into the cream cheese layer. It also contains plenty of cream cheese and sugar, so it’s all about maintaining a healthy balance.
I was actually planning to share another recipe this week, but all on a sudden, I came across beautiful strawberries at the local greengrocer, and decided on this strawberry lemon cheesecake. I really love the idea of incorporating seasonal fruits and veggies into our diet. Moreover, I think it’s the right way to enjoy the very best of nature’s produce throughout the year.
Ok, onto the first step. Make the biscuit base. Obviously, the easiest part of the recipe. Place the biscuits in a food processor, and a quick whiz to make superfine crumbs. Now you just need to mix in some melted butter to bring all the crumbs together. Perfect! This goes onto the base of a springform pan, and you’ll need to refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
Moving onto the next step, let’s make the cream cheese layer. You’ll need to beat together cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest until smooth. While yogurt adds a layer of creaminess, eggs make the cheesecake rich and smooth. To accentuate the lemon flavor, we’ll also add in some lemon juice.
Once the cream cheese layer is ready, pour it over the the chilled biscuit base. Wait! Before we pour in the cream cheese mixture, arrange the strawberries in a single layer on the biscuit base. Sweet strawberries, tangy lemons- words can’t describe how flavorful this strawberry lemon cheesecake is.
Now the cheese mixture goes on top of the strawberries, and straight into the oven.
The perfect way to bake cheesecake is at a low temperature for a long period of time. The perfectly baked cheesecake will be slightly brown and set around the edges, but jiggly in the center. Don’t worry. The center will set as it cools down. Again, sudden variations in temperature is not good for your cheesecake. So, let it cool down in the oven first and then in the refrigerator.
Easy, delicious, pretty and loaded with strawberries, this is one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever made. Isn’t it the prettiest cheesecake perfect for your next baking adventure?
Watch recipe video below:
- 250 g digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 150 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or caster sugar)
- Zest from 2 lemons
- ¾ cup yogurt (Greek yogurt preferred)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250 g strawberries, tops removed and cut in halves
- Fresh strawberries, to decorate (optional)
- Lemon slices, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 C or 320 F. Grease and line a 20 x 6.5 cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor, and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Using the back of a spoon or glass, press the mixture into the base of the cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes or until needed.
- To make the filling or cream cheese layer, place cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in yogurt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine after each addition. Beat in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Arrange strawberries in a single layer over the biscuit base. Pour the cream cheese cheese mixture over strawberries, tap gently to remove air bubbles, and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until light golden and just set.
- Turn the oven off, and allow to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold.
- Top with strawberries and lemon slices, if desired.
Like strawberry lemon cheesecake recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube. Don’t forget to check out:
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Mini Thandai Cheesecake
- Best Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cake
- Black Forest Cake