No bake chocolate cheesecake – Words can’t describe how perfectly delicious this cheesecake is! Chocolate biscuits, cream cheese, melted chocolate and whipped cream combined together to create a fabulous centerpiece for your dessert table. It’s the best!
Even though I don’t blog about desserts very often, I’ve formed quite an obsessive relationship with everything sweet especially cheesecakes. Anyway, who doesn’t love smooth, silky, melt-in-your- mouth cheesecakes? And wait, did I mention chocolate? I mean, cheesecake overloaded with chocolate. Well, now, let’s have a look at what makes this no bake chocolate cheesecake so awesome.
First, the springform pan. If you like cheesecakes, invest in a good springform cake tin. It’s going to make all your cheesecake creations super awesome.
Second, the ingredients.
I decided on chocolate biscuits for the base. Coarsely grind them, and stir in some melted butter. Now press it down into the pan, and press it down really well. When refrigerated, this will make a very firm base.
The top of this no bake chocolate cheesecake is a combination of cream cheese, sugar, cream and heavenly chocolate. As we are going for a “no bake” version in this recipe, we need a setting agent to hold the shape of the cheesecake. And that’s where gelatine comes in. Stir gelatine into boiling water, and set aside to cool.
Store whipped cream in the refrigerator until needed. The soft peaks in the whipped cream is one factor that gives this cheesecake its amazing texture. Chocolates – milk or dark- melted and cooled adds the rich chocolatey taste.
Now, let’s bring all the ingredients together. Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together. Add gelatine and whip again. Fold in chocolate first, and then whipped cream. Pour this mixture onto the biscuit base. Refrigerate again until firm.
As Easter is just a few days away, I thought the addition of chocolate eggs will be a fabulous idea. I cut the eggs horizontally, and placed on top. Cool!
Doesn’t this no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe sound perfect for your special occasion?
- 300 g chocolate biscuits
- 75 g melted butter
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 300 g cooking milk chocolate
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup caster (granulated) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 ml fresh cream
- Place the chocolate biscuits in a food processor. Give a quick whizz to crush them into coarse crumbs. Mix in melted butter. Press into the base of a greased 23cm springform cake tin. Chill until firm.
- Stir gelatine into boiling water, and leave to cool.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Set aside to cool.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth. Add half of gelatine mixture, and beat until combined. Add the rest of the gelatine mixture, and beat again. Add cooked chocolate, and fold in gently. Add whipped cream. Fold in gently.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the chilled chocolate base. Smooth top. Chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Decorate with chocolate eggs if you like.
Like this no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out:
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Cups
- Chocolate Cups
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake