Chinese macaroni. A beautiful bowl of macaroni adorned with Chinese spices and assorted vegetables. This delicious twist to classic pasta is the right way to sneak greens into your diet. Without a doubt, this nutritious pasta is going to be a weeknight favorite.
Welcome to the crazily delicious world of fusion recipes. The truth is recipes that bring together different cuisines have been on the spotlight for the past years. Yes, you can find them everywhere, from the World Wide Web to the trendy restaurants and of course, right in your kitchen.
So, in case you are looking for a new innovative recipe, listen up. I’ve an amazing recipe for you today – Chinese macaroni. Yes, you read that right. Macaroni cooked with Chinese sauces. Think a good noodle stir fry loaded with vibrantly-hued veggies. In this recipe, we are going to substitute noodles with macaroni.
Start with macaroni. To cook them, follow the instructions on the package. While pasta is cooking, make the stir fry. First, cook minced chicken. Use a wooden spoon to break down the lumps and cook them until browned.
The veggies go in next, and this includes carrots, bell peppers (capsicum), mushrooms and white part of spring onions (scallions). You can also add in your favorite veggies like broccoli, green beans, peas etc.
Now, the one ingredient that adds so much flavor to this Chinese macaroni – chicken cube. Just crumble it directly into the stir fry. The next level of flavor comes from the Chinese sauces. Soy sauce and tomato sauce (ketchup). A touch of white vinegar gives it an authentic taste.
The addition of chili sauce is totally optional. If you love a bit of heat in your macaroni, chili sauce or even sriracha sauce will be good. Now, to the last part of this Chinese macaroni recipe. Add the cooked macaroni and sprinkle with some black pepper powder. Remember soy sauce and tomato sauce add enough salt to the macaroni, so make sure you check the seasoning prior to adding more salt.
Time to grab your fork and dig in!
Watch Chinese Macaroni recipe video below:
More pasta recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Tuna Pasta
- Butter Chicken Pasta | Indian Style Pasta
- Masala Pasta | Indian Style Pasta
- Creamy Broccoli Pasta
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Roasted Beetroot Pasta Sauce
- Spicy Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Creamy Pasta Sauce Without Cream
- 300 g macaroni
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 g minced (ground) chicken
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup white of spring onions (scallions)
- ½ cup bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (black pepper powder)
- Spring onions (scallions), to garnish
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente (check package instructions). Drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and sauté for a minute or until fragrant. Add minced chicken. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until tender. Crumble chicken cube into the pasta. Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and white vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni and black pepper powder. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with spring onions (shallots).
Like this Chinese macaroni recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube.