You can’t go wrong with this classic guacamole recipe. This is brilliant served as a dip, or in wraps and sandwiches. Simple, healthy and definitely a WINNER.
The very first time I tasted avocado was in this avocado salsa. In a matter of minutes, I fell in love with the soft texture of this incredible fruit. The very fact that it’s packed with nutrition made it an indispensable part of my weekly menu. Honestly, a big bowl of guacamole and plenty of crunchy tortilla chips is my ideal kind of snack.
When healthy food tastes this good, you can never ever stop eating it. And that’s why you must definitely try out this guacamole. Again, if this avocado dip is already a part of your healthy eating habit, it’s time to learn the recipe to make it PERFECT. So are you ready?
Alright, now this guacamole or avocado dip. As you know, the recipe is super simple. And that means, no cooking at all. Well, that’s the best part of this dip. And most dips, obviously!
If you have a mortar and pestle, get it right now because we are going to use it to make this awesome dip. Oh, don’t worry if you don’t own one. A large bowl and a fork will do the job.
The prime element of this dip is avocado. Place it in the mortar and pestle or use a fork to mash the avocados. Remember, we are not looking for a ‘mashed potato ‘ like consistency in this recipe. Instead, make sure there are plenty of chunks of avocado. Trust me, this one tip is going to take your guacamole to the next level.
Next up, onions, tomatoes, red chilies and coriander (cilantro) leaves goes into the avocado. Give it a good mix. Make sure you finely chop all these ingredients. Use red onions if you can as they are more flavorful compared to the brown ones. I love the heat from the chilies. However, if you want to make this dip less spicy, remove all the seeds and membrane before chopping them and adding to the avocado.
Last but not least, lime juice and olive oil. These two ingredients are really the back bone of this guacamole recipe. Finally, season with a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper. You can use regular salt in this recipe, but sea salt adds a real depth of flavor.
Each and every element in this recipe makes this guacamole super flavorful. This is so simple to throw together, and unbelievably healthy and tasty!!
Before we go to the recipe, here are some awesome ways to serve this guacamole:
- As a dip with corn chips, tortilla chips, carrot or celery sticks
- Add it to wraps and sandwiches
- Use it in pasta
- As a dressing for salads
Any other delicious ideas? Please let me know in the comments below.
- 2 large avocados
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small red chili, chopped
- ½ cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to season
- Extra red chilies, to garnish (optional)
- Destone the avocados and scoop out the flesh. Place it in the mortar and pestle, and lightly mash it. Alternatively, you can also use a fork to mash the avocados.
- Add onions, tomatoes, red chilies, and coriander (cilantro) leaves to the avocado. Mix well. Add lime juice and olive oil. Mix well again. Add a pinch of sea salt, and mix well again. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with extra red chilies if you like.
Like this guacamole recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube.