Great for entertaining, these little bread cups are crispy and lightly browned to perfection. The healthy filling with chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, and a hint of chaat masala tastes sensational. Think crispy, spicy and delicious!
For me, these bread cups are easy peasy appetizers. Doesn’t these crispy cups look cute? And moreover, super creative? These are going to be a hit at your next gathering.
Well, this is my kind of ultimate appetizer idea. These little cups are lightly browned, crispy, and all the more delicious. To be exact, cups of perfection. I rolled out the bread slices to make them thin and crispy. Then cut them into big circles to place in the muffin tin. You can also cut out the circles from the bread slices first and then roll them out. But I think the former method gives you perfect rounds of bread.
Honestly, why do you want to spend hours in the kitchen when you can create super easy appetizers like these? Making these little cups are super fun, too!
To make these cups simple and uncomplicated, I also need to make an easy filling. When it comes to filling ideas, your imagination and creativity is the limit. I know, numerous ideas are bombarding in your mind right now. For this recipe, I really wanted to stick to a healthy option. I think healthy filling in healthy bread cups is the way to go. Plus, I want to share a recipe that’s not loaded with super high amounts of calories. An ideal appetizer for all weight watchers out there!
So, I decided to fill these cups with a street food inspired healthy salad. A very simple salad made with chickpeas. It sounds so simple, but every mouthful is guaranteed to bring a burst of flavors. Chickpeas is made extra flavorful and delicious with the addition of chickpeas, red onions, tomatoes, ground cumin, chaat masala and lemon juice.
The crispy texture of the baked bread against the rich, soft and flavor loaded chickpea salad is just unbelievable.
More filling ideas just for you:
- Indian chaats
- 6 bread slices (white or wholemeal)
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp ground cumin (cumin powder)
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Preheat oven to 180C or 375F. Spray 6-hole muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out each bread slice as thin as possible. Use a large cookie cutter to cut circles out of the bread slices. Press the circles into the holes of the muffin pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cups are lightly browned.
- Add the fillings. Serve immediately.
Like this bread cups recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: