10 Minute Oven Baked Pancakes – Take your breakfast time to a delicious new level with this baked pancake idea. Loaded with your favorite pancake flavors, it’s perfect as a make-ahead brekkie or quick snack.
Long before food blogging became my passion, there was something that I really loved, right from my childhood to the year I graduated from college. Dance. While I was doing my graduation, I had a talented, hard working team who never failed to secure the top position whenever we got on stage. I loved every part of this elegant art form including choreographing, costume designing, and of course, dancing.
This past week, I had been super busy preparing for another dance performance. I was so happy to be part of another awesome team, and most of all, super excited to be back on stage after a very long time.
Alright, goodbye to a very hectic week, and back to blogging and new recipes. And to this oven baked pancakes recipe.
Without a doubt, pancakes are one of the most celebrated dishes of all time. Be it sweet or savory, these are totally customizable and are guaranteed to please everyone in the family. Apart from that, this baked version of pancakes will also save your time in the kitchen. A recipe just perfect even for weekdays.
The fact that this baked pancake can be made in the oven within minutes makes me pretty excited about it. I happened to come across this amazing idea of baking pancakes about a week ago, when I was after easy recipes that’ll deliver stress-free meal times.
Basically, you just need to take your favorite pancake recipe, and bake it to perfection. Super simple.
We’ll start this oven baked pancakes recipe with my all-time favorite basic pancake mix. You will need to mix together all the ingredients, and then pour into a sheet pan. Customize the flavor of the pancake by adding your favorite toppings – choc chips, blueberries, strawberries, bananas etc.
Now all you need to do is bake it in the oven until cooked through. As the pancake cooks, the batter will rise, and the toppings may sink to the bottom. So, I highly recommend adding more toppings halfway through the cooking process.
Once the baked pancake is cooked, let it cool down, and slice. You can serve them with more toppings like maple syrup, fruits or even ice cream.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup granulated (caster) sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 60 g melted and cooled butter
- 300 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk or dark chocolate chips (or your favorite topping)
- Preheat oven to 220C or 425F. Line a 9" x 13" sheet pan with parchment (baking) paper. Set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add butter, egg and milk. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the sheet pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with half of the choc chips. Transfer to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, sprinkle the rest of the choc chips on top of the pancake. When the pancake is cooked through, remove it from oven and allow to cool in pan.
- Cut the pancake into slices with a pizza cutter. Serve with your favorite toppings - maple syrup, ice cream, fruits, whipped cream.
Like this 10 minute oven baked pancakes recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: