Homemade veggie pizza – There’s no better way to start the new year than with this super flavorful and healthy veg pizza. Go creative with your favorite veggies, and whip up a pizza sensation right in your kitchen.
When it comes to pizza, I’m a 200 percent meat eater. But, every now and then, I really want to take a break from my meat eating habit, and indulge in wholesome vegetarian food.
I’ll tell you a big secret. One of my biggest goals this year is to eat less meat and include more plant based food in my diet. You see, I’m trying to eat healthy this year. On one side, I think eating meat in moderation is totally healthy. On the other side, adding veggies and fruits makes everything super healthy. What’s your opinion?
So, in order to satisfy my inner veggie cravings, I have been making this veggie pizza very often lately. And it’s a great alternative to meat loaded pizza. I know, both are equally delicious, but this vegetable pizza is for those days when you really want to cut down on the calories.
Basically, this pizza loaded with veggies is super simple. I used my all-time favorite pizza dough recipe to make the base. But, this time, with a small healthy twist in the form of unbleached flour. You must try this homemade version of pizza dough recipe. This is my ultimate fail-proof idea to make perfect pizza base.
I know, pizza is all about the toppings, and I don’t want to skimp on them. Add whatever veggies you like. Mushrooms, bell peppers (capsicum), olives etc. If you love paneer, add a few homemade or store bought paneer cubes. And don’t forget cheese. Low fat mozzarella to be exact. In other words, you’ll need to make this veg pizza very colorful, cheesy and mouth watering.
So, what do you think about this veggie pizza? Make it today, and tell me your thoughts.
- Recipe link right below this recipe
- 2tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella (low fat) + extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper (capsicum) chopped
- 4-5 button mushrooms, chopped
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Make pizza base following the instructions in the recipe. (Recipe link right below this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 200C or 400F.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the base. Top with mozzarella and then chopped veggies. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves.
- For extra heat, add finely chopped green chilies or red chili flakes
- Use your favorite veggies like olive, corn, cherry tomatoes
****Click here to view the recipe for PIZZA BASE