Make a list of your favorite Indian dishes. I’m sure tandoori will be on it, that too somewhere at the top.
The real tandoori dishes are cooked in a ‘tandoor’. It works like like an oven but is made of clay. Tandoor cooked dish just means awesome flavor. I’d love to have this amazing gadget in my kitchen. But unfortunately I don’t think there’s enough space to accommodate one.
Coming back to the recipe, this masala paste is simply superb and goes well with any meat, seafood, and even veggies. If you want that red fiery color, add a pinch of tandoori color to the paste.
Mix all the ingredients together in a deep bowl. Add more water, if necessary, and make a smooth paste.
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground fennel seeds
- ½ - 1 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2-3 tbsp yogurt
- Juice of one medium-sized lemon
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- *Add a pinch of tandoori color if you want (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a deep bowl. Add more water, if necessary, and make a smooth paste.