Spicy chicken sandwich – Love sandwiches? Then get excited about this spicy sandwich recipe with tender chicken fillet and tangy onion salad. It’s so delicious, this sandwich is going to be your new lunch favorite.
Are you ready to meet my new favorite sandwich? My version of spicy chicken sandwich. Packed with massive flavor, there are quite a few things that you’ll love about this sandwich.
One: the super healthy multigrain bread used in this recipe. Clearly, I think it just gives you all the additional nutrients that you need in a healthier way. You can lightly toast the bread if you like.
Two: everything that goes in between those two bread slices. Since sandwiches are a huge part of my everyday food, I always try to bring about new and interesting recipes. And the best way to do that is by creating new flavor combinations you’ll die for. Exciting flavors is what makes this sandwich irresistible.
This spicy chicken sandwich is perfection from every angle. Cream cheese on the bread slices makes the base flavor of this sandwich. And a splash of sweet chili sauce on top adds a killer combo. Obviously, add more or less sauce depending on your taste.
Next up, chicken. Chicken marinated in a super flavorful spice mix is either pan fried or oven baked to perfection. The result? Juicy, tender, spicy chicken that’s beyond amazing!
Apart from the bread, cheese chili spread and tender chicken, the fourth important element of the recipe is onion salad. This is one amazing salad that you can pair with any Indian inspired dish. So basically, this is just super versatile. With just a few simple ingredients on hand, you can make this in no time.
While carrots added to the salad makes it extra crunchy, tomatoes and herbs (coriander or cilantro leaves in this case) makes it colorful and nutritious. A touch of vinegar creates the perfect balance of flavors. Together with the other elements in the sandwich, it’s going to create a burst of flavor in your mouth.
This spicy chicken sandwich is all you need to eat healthy this holiday season. Perfect lunch for a hectic day!
- 4 slices of multigrain, white, or brown bread
- 8 tbsp spreadable cream cheese
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 400g boneless chicken (I used 2 chicken thigh fillets)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- 2 tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut into long strips
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1”piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- A handful of coriander (cilantro) leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Combine together garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, red chili powder, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with salt. Add chicken to the bowl. Cover chicken with the marinade. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook both sides. When the chicken is cooked through, remove from heat. Set aside.
- Alternatively, you can cook chicken in the oven at 200C for 40-45 minutes.
- Place onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Using your fingertips, rub the onions really well. Set aside for 10-15 minutes. Drain and rinse onions under cold running water. Add carrots, tomatoes, green chili, ginger, coriander (cilantro) leaves and white vinegar to the bowl. Season with salt. Mix. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese on two slices of bread (2 tbsp on each slice). Top with sweet chilli sauce (1tbsp on each slice). Top one bread slice with one chicken fillet and half of onion salad. Place the other bread slice on top. Repeat with the other two bread slices.
Like this spicy chicken sandwich recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out:
- Avocado Tandoori Chicken Sandwich
- Pulled Lamb Burger
- Pizza Sandwich
- Bombay Sandwich / Grilled Masala Toast
- Sushi Sandwich
- Tandoori Paneer Quesadilla