Chilli garlic noodles – Busy weeknights? Whip up this simple and easy noodle stir fry in a flash! It’s all about delicious noodles stir fried in an Indochinese style spicy sauce supercharged with the flavors of garlic and chillies. Ready to enjoy in minutes!
It’s a fact that I’m a huge fan of quick and easy meals. These are the kind of meals that act as huge time savers on super busy days.
Without a doubt, this chilli garlic noodles belong to this category, and is totally infused with flavors of fresh garlic and spicy chillies. Garlic and chillies are the only ingredients you’ll need to make this noodles super flavorful and incredibly tasty. I know, delicious noodles without the addition of any kind of meat is totally unbelievable. But wait until you taste this amazing noodles. You’re going to be gobsmacked! This is an EPIC meal in a flash.
So, are you ready to hear all about this chilli garlic noodles?
As I mentioned, garlic and chillies are the main elements in this recipe. However, it involves some very typical Chinese ingredients as well.
Ok now, let’s start the cooking.
One thing you need to remember before you start is to make sure you stir fry this noodles over high heat. Sesame oil is the preferred oil, but you can also use vegetable oil. When the oil reaches a smoking point, add the garlic. The flavor of the garlic gets infused in the oil giving it a nice aroma and taste.
I think the addition of few simple vegetables like spring onions and bell peppers (capsicums) will make this chilli garlic noodles extra nutritious. On the other hand, this noodles will be super delicious even without any veggies. So, it’s totally your choice.
Once the veggies are stir fried (if you are using them), dried red chilli flakes goes into the pan. I don’t usually have chilli flakes on hand. But I always have whole dried whole chillies stocked up in the pantry. Whenever a recipe calls for chilli flakes, I place them in a grinder and give a quick whizz. And there you go. Chilli flakes popping with flavors.
After the chilli flakes, soy sauce, red chilli sauce and white vinegar gets a quick stir-fry. Then noodles goes in to get slathered in the flavorful sauce. And voila! Delicious chilli garlic noodles is ready to be eaten on its own, or serve it with a side dish. Here are a few ideas for you to choose from:
- Gobi (cauliflower) Manchurian
- Gobi 65
- Chilli Chicken
- Chicken 65
- Chicken Manchurian
- Dragon Chicken
- Chilli Beef
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or any oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup chopped red (choose any color) bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 400g noodles (I used udon noodles)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped spring onions, to garnish
- Prepare noodles according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add sesame oil, and swirl to coat. Add garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add spring onions and bell peppers (capsicum). Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add dried chilli flakes. Stir fry for few seconds. Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and white vinegar. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add noodles. Stir fry to combine.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve.
Like this chilli garlic noodles recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube. Also, check out: