Strawberry rose puff pastry flowers – You’re in for a great treat with these stunning strawberry flowers. Master the art of creating spectacular edible flowers and sweeten any special occasion.
Watch recipe video below:
Just like the caramel apple roses, these puff pastry flowers are also inspired by an amazing technique I saw on Pinterest. Honestly, I’m in love with cute edible creations that look complicated but are too easy to make. And with Mother’s Day just around the corner, I think there isn’t a better way to celebrate the occasion. Obviously, these flowers are just perfect for any day of the year. They’re so pretty, you don’t even need a reason to make them.
Well, as you know, the recipe for these strawberry rose flowers start with puff pastry. I used store bought ready rolled puff pastry in this recipe. That means less time in the kitchen and I totally love that idea.
While puff pastry is thawing on the benchtop, we’ll quickly whip up a sweet and decadent cream cheese mixture. A simple combo of cream cheese, granulated (caster) sugar and flavoring. I chose rose essence to flavor the mixture, and that’s how the recipe got its name – “strawberry rose”. Trust me, rose essence and cream cheese is a divine combo.
Now comes the most exciting part of creating these strawberry rose puff pastry flowers.
Once the puff pastry is thawed, cut it into 9 equal squares. Then we’ll make a cut on each side of the square. But make sure you leave a small 2cm space in the middle of the square. We’ll place a small amount of cream cheese and strawberry jam in the small space in the middle of each square. Strawberry jam literally accentuates the flavor of strawberries in this recipe.
The next step involves a few folding techniques that’s going to make these flowers absolutely stunning. Don’t forget to watch the video to create the perfect flowers. Finally, we’ll brush the pastry with egg wash, and place a strawberry in the middle of each flower.
Bake the beautiful strawberry rose puff pastry flowers for 15-20 minutes or until golden. These are one of the prettiest edible pastry flowers I’ve ever seen. Not to mention they’re damn delicious too!
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp granulated (caster) sugar
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 1 puff pastry, thawed
- 9 tsp strawberry jam (1 tsp for each flower)
- 9 strawberries (cut the tops off)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200C / 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese, sugar and rose essence in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until pale. Set aside.
- Lightly whisk egg and milk together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut puff pastry into 9 equal squares. Make a cut on each side of the square leaving a 2cm space in the middle. Place 1 tsp cream cheese mixture and 1 tsp strawberry jam in the middle of the pastry. Fold in triangles and press down lightly. Pinch together the sides of each triangle to make flower petals. Place a strawberry in the middle of the flower. Transfer the flowers to the baking tray. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Dust with powdered (icing) sugar if you like.
Like this strawberry rose puff pastry flowers recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube. Check out: