Spicy chicken wings. Bring more variety to your table with this spicy version of your favorite chicken wings. Simply marinate wings in a delicious spice mixture and bake to perfection. With a side of pickled red cabbage and mustard-mayo dip, it’s guaranteed to make entertaining a breeze.
With a top-notch position on the menu of fast food chains and pop up restaurants, the enduring popularity of chicken wings can’t be denied. You might be very familiar with the different variations of these lip-smacking nibbles, but have you ever tried spicy chicken wings flavored with spices?
Here’s the deal.
These chicken wings are all about the delicious touch of aromatic Indian spices. Wings are coated in an easy-to-make yet lip-smacking marinade and baked (or even fried) to perfection.
Start with prepping the chicken wings. Separate the wings into three parts – drummettes (meatiest part), wingette (middle part) and wing tip. Discard the wing tip. Once the wings are prepped, pat dry really well with a paper towel. If you’re not a huge fan of wings, use drumsticks or even whole chicken cut into medium-sized pieces.
Next up, the marinade for spicy chicken wings. To marinate the wings, I decided to go with my favorite spice mix I usually use to make the most delicious baked chicken. It’s a delicious combo of minced garlic, minced ginger, ground turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin,garam masala and a little oil to keep the chicken moist and yum.
Now, all that you need to do is preheat your oven and bake the wings.
Ok, while the wings are in the oven, make the pickled red cabbage and mustard-mayo dip. Both are super simple to make. For the pickled cabbage, toss the shredded leaves in a tangy mixture of apple cider vinegar, green chillies and salt. The mustard-mayo dip is a delicious combo of mayonnaise, dijon mustard and coriander (cilantro) leaves.
The combo is lip-smacking delicious. You really need to make these.
Crispy outside, juicy and tender inside, trust me, every bite of these spicy chicken wings taste so good.
Watch spicy chicken wings recipe video below:
More chicken appetizers recipes:
- Korean Fried Chicken
- Honey Chicken
- Chicken Lollipop
- Chicken Spring Roll Indian Style
- Chicken Tikka Kebab
- Turkish Chicken Kebab
- Tandoori Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Chaat
- 1 kg chicken wings
- ½ tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- ½ tsp ground cumin (cumin powder)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- Juice of half of lemon
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small green chili, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Separate drummettes and wingettes of chicken wings. Discard the wing tips.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, minced garlic, minced ginger, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C / 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment (baking) paper.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place shredded cabbage, apple cider vinegar and chopped green chilies in a bowl. Season with salt. Toss to combine.
- Combine together mayonnaise, dijon mustard and coriander (cilantro) leaves in a small bowl. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve chicken wings with pickled cabbage and mayo dip.
Like these spicy chicken wings recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube.