Before I go into this prawn roast (chemmen roast) recipe, let’s talk a bit about Kerala style roasts, in general. If you want to make one, all you have to do is fry marinated meat, and then make a spicy sauce to go with it. Unlike the Western style roasts that calls for baking, these require frying.
This prawn roast is packed with spices, and tastes great with rice or any Indian bread. The tip for making perfect prawns? Do not overcook them.
More Prawns Recipes
- Asian Chili Garlic Shrimp (Prawn)
- Indian Prawn Curry
- Prawn Biryani | Shrimp Biryani
- Prawn Mango Curry or Chemmeen Manga Curry
- Kerala Prawns Fry
- Kerala Prawn Coconut Curry
- Prawns Drumstick Curry or Chemmeen Muringakka Theeyal
Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Watch exclusive recipe videos on YouTube. Don’t forget to check out more fish recipes:Like this Kerala prawn roast recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on
- Fish Tikka Masala
- Fish Tikka
- Grilled Salmon
- Spicy Grilled Fish
- Baked Tandoori Fish
- Pan Fried Tandoori Fish
- Fish Cutlet (Indian Fish Cakes)
- Easy Fish Tacos Indian Style
- Amritsari Fish (Indian style Fish and Chips)
- Brazilian Fish Stew (Moqueca)
- Goan fish Curry
- Kerala Fish Stew (Fish Molee)
- Malabar Fish Roast
- Kerala fish Curry
- Chettinad Fish Fry
- Kerala Fish Pickle
- Fish Coconut Curry
So easy and absolutely wonderful! For personal preferences I increased the amount of paste for the marinade. Will definitely make this again!
Dr D Venmani says
Became my favourite
This was a hit in our household! Absolutely delicious. I halved the chili powder in both marinade and during the sautéing process.