Butter chicken samosa – What’s better than simple home cooked butter chicken? These crispy samosas loaded with your favorite butter chicken curry, of course. Without a doubt, the deliciousness and flavor packed in these samosas are hard to beat.
Any butter chicken lovers out there? How about crispy samosas with hot chai for afternoon tea today?
Ok, well, let me introduce you to an awesome new way to enjoy samosas. Butter chicken samosa. The iconic creamy butter chicken encased in a flaky pastry shell. Honestly, it’s so good.
The entire process of making this chicken samosa is pretty simple. You’ll need to make the butter chicken first (like we did for butter chicken lasagna), then place it inside pastry cases before deep frying them until golden brown.
I made my favorite super easy and extraordinarily delicious restaurant style butter chicken curry. Once the chicken pieces are cooked through, I shredded them into smaller pieces. That way, the shredded chicken will get coated in the super luscious creamy vibrant sauce. It’s just a simple way to make this butter chicken samosa taste out of this world.
Talking about the pastry used in this recipe, you have a few options. You can either make it from scratch and enjoy them baked or fried (check out this baked samosa recipe), or you can use readymade puff pastry sheets and enjoy them baked in the oven (check out this keema samosa recipe).
But this time, I made them with spring roll sheets, and honestly, it’s my most favorite way to get perfectly crispy samosas.
So, all you need to do is make butter chicken, and cover them in spring roll sheets. Again, to make the perfect triangle samosas, don’t forget to check out the recipe video.
Now I’ve to warn you. Once you start munching on these samosas, it’s almost impossible to stop, so make sure your pantry is well-stocked to make a few batches of these crunchy yummy goodies.
Watch butter chicken samosa recipe video below:
- Butter chicken (Recipe link just below this recipe)
- 20 spring roll sheets, thawed
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp water
- Follow the recipe instructions to make butter chicken. Once butter chicken is ready, shred the chicken. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make cornflour paste, combine together cornflour and water to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Place spring roll sheets on a flat surface. Cut into 3 equal rectangles. Place a tablespoon of butter chicken mixture on one side of the rectangle and fold into a triangle. Apply a little cornflour paste on the end of the sheet to seal. Repeat the process with the remaining spring roll sheets and butter chicken mixture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying. Fry samosas in batches until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
****Click here for butter chicken recipe
- Butter Chicken Pasta
- Butter Chicken Lasagna
- Butter Chicken Pizza
- Pulled Butter Chicken Burger
- Butter Chicken Biryani