Butter chicken pizza – How much do you love cheesy pizza? A lot, right? Then why not turn your favorite food into a magical new dish with this clever idea? Top your pizza with butter chicken and plenty of mozzarella and make this your next family favorite!
From my blogging experience, I’ve learned that the fusion of two totally different cuisines can lead to utterly delicious creations. Sometimes I feel that such fusion recipes are a necessity to keep this blogging journey more interesting. So every now and then, I share a delicious fusion recipe that I really love. You know, these kind of recipes – masala pasta, coconut burfi ice cream, Indian tacos, carrot halwa smoothie. If you are a fan of modern Indian fusion cuisine, these are a must-try.
Although I love classic Indian food, this modern version is my favorite right now. And this butter chicken pizza is one of those recipes. An ultimate combo of classic Italian and classic Indian. This pizza is a killer. Full of flavor and loaded with my favorite toppings. Think pizza topped with your favorite curry, butter chicken. And of course, cheese. Just talking to you about this pizza is making me drool!
Most often, when I make butter chicken, I also roll out naan or flatbreads to go with it. In this recipe, both these flavors are coming together to make one fabulous pizza, just like a one pot meal. Sounds interesting and so perfect for weeknights, right?
Ok, let’s talk about this pizza base. It’s actually an improvised version of my basic pizza base recipe. Or you could call it a naan pizza. I’ve added a few ingredients so it’ll taste like naan. The entire process of making this base is in the video. So don’t forget to check it out!
Next, the butter chicken. After making the curry, take out all the chicken and shred them into little pieces. Then simmer the sauce to make it thick. Keep in mind- we are looking for a consistency similar to pizza sauce.
Now spread the base with the sauce from the curry. Yes, this is our pizza sauce in this butter chicken pizza. Then top with shredded chicken and this goes straight into the oven. Finally, when it comes out of the oven, top with red onions and mint leaves.
If you are a pizza lover, get a pizza stone to make perfectly crisp pizza. I used a pizza stone to bake this pizza. A pizza pan will also do the job, but a stone is always the best option.
Trust me, this butter chicken pizza is going to rock your Friday night pizza dinner. Awesomeness in every slice!
Watch recipe video below:
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- ¼ tsp white sugar
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- ¼ cup natural yogurt
- ½ - ¾ cup lukewarm milk
- Salt to taste
- See below**
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Few mint or coriander (cilantro) leaves (I used mint)
- Preheat oven to 220C. If you are using pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- Combine together yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Place flour, yogurt, and yeast mixture in a large bowl. Season with salt. Add milk little by little to make sticky dough. Cover, and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle more flour on top. Knead for 3-4 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Use your hands to shape the pizza into a large circle. Use a fork to prick all over the base.
- While making butter chicken, make sure the sauce is really thick. Find the link for the butter chicken right below this recipe. After making butter chicken, take out all the chicken pieces from the sauce, and shred them into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Spread the butter chicken sauce all over the base. Top with shredded chicken and then mozzarella.
- Transfer pizza onto the stone. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with red onions and mint leaves.
- Serve with mint chutney if you like.
*** Get the recipe for BUTTER CHICKEN here.