Cheesy paneer pav bhaji sliders – Right at the top of the deliciousness scale, these incredibly customizable sliders are loaded with the wonderful flavors of the ever popular Indian street food, pav bhaji. A touch of paneer and parmesan brings you oodles of flavors with every bite.
The last time I visited Mumbai was more than a decade ago for a wedding. For me, that trip was all about revisiting the place where I spent a part of my childhood. On one side, I really wanted to explore the city. But on the other side, the hustle bustle of the wedding kept us super busy.
Well, today I’m going to take you on a culinary journey to Mumbai, the street food capital of India. Ready? And of course, this journey is all about the iconic pav bhaji. A delicious mixture of vegetables in pav bhaji masala served with soft buttery buns. Of course, I already have the recipe for pav bhaji on the blog. You can read it here.
Today, your favorite pav bhaji is going to get a modern makeover. Think pav bhaji inside a burger bun along with paneer and lots of cheese. Ridiculously delicious. So, say hello to my new favorite, cheesy paneer pav bhaji sliders.
The recipe starts with making the delicious pav bhaji. You know, it’s super simple. If you want to sneak in some veggies into the pav bhaji, just go for it. Super healthy sliders certainly sounds awesome.
Once you have the pav bhaji ready, the rest of this recipe is so easy. Layer all the ingredients inside dinner rolls, pop it in the oven, and just forget about it. Dinner ready in just under 30 minutes. Cool.
Cut whole dinner rolls crossways so you’ll get two layers of rolls. Layer the bottom piece of roll with paneer, pav bhaji, extra layers of veggies ( I added bell peppers and onions), coriander (cilantro) leaves and parmesan. Top with the other half of the roll.
To make the rolls prettier, I also brushed them with melted butter and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Finally, these pav bhaji sliders are cooked in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Recipe link just below this recipe
- 1 dinner roll, halved crossways
- 200 g crumbled paneer
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers (capsicum)
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 cups shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Recipe link just below this recipe. Cook pav bhaji according to the recipe. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the bottom layer of dinner roll in the baking pan. Top with paneer. Add a layer of pav bhaji. Top with bell peppers (capsicum) and onions. Sprinkle with parmesan. Top with the other half of the roll.
- Spread butter on the dinner roll. Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds. Transfer to oven, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Apart from bell peppers and onions, you can also add your favorite vegetables.
*** Click here for Pav Bhaji recipe