Green chutney sandwich – Team humble bread with herbs and aromatic spices to create this fresh, vibrant and flavor-packed classic sandwich. Perfect for a quick snack or add to your lunchbox recipe collection.
Sandwiches always hide delicious surprises inside them. And I’m a huge fan just for that one reason. Be it lunch, dinner, or even brekkie, I could eat sandwiches all day long. After all, spring and summer are made for enjoying herbs and veggies at their finest.
Isn’t this green chutney sandwich one of the prettiest sandwiches you have ever seen? I really love the sharp contrast of the green chutney against the white bread. Trust me, this sandwich is super delicious and full of goodness.
So, here’s the recipe for this super simple sandwich. We’ll start by whipping up the perfectly smooth green chutney. I think fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves is what makes this chutney simply amazing. But sometimes, I use a combination of coriander and mint leaves to level up the flavor. If you like mint leaves, I highly recommend adding a few sprigs to this green chutney sandwich.
Apart from the herbs, you’ll also need a few other ingredients to make this chutney incredible. Fresh ginger, chaat masala, ground cumin, lemon juice and green chilies. Everything goes into the blender along with a little water if needed. Just a quick whizz, and you will get smooth, flavorful chutney.
The next part of this recipe is all about assembling this green chutney sandwich. Cut off the brown sides of few slices of bread. Spread with butter and mint chutney. Top with buttered bread slices. Now you can cut them into any shape you want.
And that’s it. A totally uncomplicated sandwich recipe just for you.
- 2 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin (cumin powder)
- Juice of half of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Water if needed
- 10 slices white or wholemeal bread
- 50 g spreadable butter (or your favorite spread)
- Place coriander (cilantro) leaves, green chilies, fresh ginger, chaat masala, ground cumin, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt. Process to a smooth paste. Add a little water if needed.
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Add a layer of coriander chutney to 5 bread slices. Cover with the remaining slices.
Like this green chutney sandwich recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: