Creamy mushroom fettuccine – Ridiculously easy yet flavorful pasta recipe to help you put dinner on table in just 30 minutes! This pasta is laden with mushrooms, green peas, cream, parmesan and delicious bites of chicken. A great way to enjoy the deliciousness of classic pasta!
One of my favorite dishes to make on a busy weeknight is pasta. Honestly, I have a huge collection of pasta ideas in my recipe repertoire. And this include elaborate and fancy meals to quick and easy weeknight favorites.
Even though I love to try out new ways to enjoy pasta, the classic variations always have a special place on my menu. If you love traditional pasta, this mushroom fettuccine is just one way to enjoy the classic flavors.
Well, is there anything better than creamy, delicious pasta loaded with mushrooms, chicken and green peas for dinner?
This creamy mushroom fettuccine happened on a day when I wanted whip up something simple yet satisfying for dinner. Pasta is a staple in our house. So I decided to make pasta, and use chicken as the protein element in the dish. A complete meal is not 100% ‘complete’ without some veggies in it. You know, to make it more nutritious. And here comes the two classic veggies – mushrooms and green peas. Without a doubt, mushrooms in creamy sauce is just heavenly!
This pasta is obviously super creamy and super cheesy. Are you super excited about this recipe now? I know you are. Seriously, this fettuccine recipe is so good!
This quick and easy mushroom fettuccine recipe starts with sautéing red onions and then garlic. Cut chicken into thin strips so it will cook faster. Mushrooms also gets a quick sautéing in the oil. Now the creamy part. I used heavy or thickened cream in the recipe. Feel free to use low fat if you like.
In order to give this dish an extra pop of flavor, I added a couple of chicken cubes. Just because, you know, I love that extra deliciousness. Next up, pasta goes in the creamy sauce to absorb all the flavor goodness.
Now it’s time for the cheesy part of this pasta recipe. And this comes in the form of parmesan cheese. I think half a cup is enough to add up to the flavor. But add more if you love cheese. And finally, a sprinkle of basil. Oh, don’t forget the second veggie – green peas. I used frozen green peas as they are more convenient. Don’t you love that green pop of color?
So, are you ready to make this freaking delicious mushroom fettuccine?
- 500g fettuccine (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g boneless chicken, thinly sliced (I used chicken breast)
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups heavy (thickened) cream
- 2 x 5g chicken stock cubes, crushed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 cup green peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped basil leaves, to garnish
- Cook fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following the packet directions until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add cream and crushed stock cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook again, stirring occasionally, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Return pasta to the pan. Add cheese and basil. Toss until well combined. Add green peas. Toss until well combined. Cook until heated through.
- Garnish with more chopped basil and cheese if you like.
Love this creamy mushroom fettuccine recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: