Perfect mashed potatoes. Want to make perfectly creamy, silky smooth mashed potatoes? Here’s the right recipe to create the best side to share with all the people you love the best. This recipe is definitely a keeper! Bonus, the recipe comes with secret tips and tricks for ultimate perfection.
The best side dishes are the ones you can enjoy throughout the year like the humble mashed potatoes. Whipping up the perfect side dish is easier than you think, so let’s talk about all things potatoes and learn to make one of the most popular sides, just the way restaurants make them.
Perfect mashed potatoes with smooth and silky texture. This is the creamiest mash ever. Best of all, you can tweak the recipe to achieve that right level of creaminess you love. It features the ultimate combination of potatoes, milk and butter for the perfect mash.
The Perfect Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Choose the right kind of potatoes. Not all potatoes are good for mashing, opt for gold or even russets for the perfectly creamy mash. The former ones are between waxy and starchy and they do not absorb too much water. Best of all, their buttery taste imparts the best flavor to the mash.
- Cook the potatoes. First, wash and peel the potatoes. Then, cut them into small cubes. Make sure you cut the cubes into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking. And don’t forget to season the cooking water with plenty of salt. The potatoes are ready when they’re tender, but make sure they aren’t overcooked. At this stage, you can drain the water.
- Mash potatoes. To do this, you can use a potato masher. Lightly mash them so it’s easy to pass them through a fine mesh sieve or ricer. This is the key step in creating the soft, lump-free texture.
- Cook mashed potatoes. This is the second crucial step when you make the mash as creamy as possible. The mash goes into a pan alongside milk, cold butter and ground black pepper over medium heat-low heat. Add more or less milk depending on the level of creaminess you want. Again, substituting milk with cream also ensures extra creaminess.
More Mashed Potatoes Recipes:
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Healthy Spicy Mashed Potatoes | Aloo Pitika
- Aloo Tikki | Indian Mashed Potato Patties