Thai green chicken curry – Make something special for dinner with this gorgeous green chicken curry that also happens to be super delicious. Quick and easy, this curry is perfect for the lazy days, and goes well with pasta, noodles or rice.
Over the years, I have made umpteen different kinds of curries, and my whole family loves them. Maybe because everyone like spicy food. Or maybe because these are always loaded with lip-smacking flavors of all kinds.
When it comes to awesome curries, it’s hard to pick a favorite. But, let me tell you, this Thai green chicken curry is all about deliciousness. It’s chicken cooked in a green, flavorful sauce with classic Thai ingredients, fish sauce, coconut milk and tons of coriander (cilantro) leaves for garnishing. Well, I used red chilies to garnish the curry. Just a spicy touch in my own way!
Look at that gorgeous green color! Who could resist such a colorful and flavorful curry? So delicious!
Now, let’s talk about the key element of this recipe. Green curry simmer sauce. As I mentioned, this sauce is loaded with all the classic ingredients of Thai cuisine. The ingredients used in the traditional part of the simmer sauce like lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, Thai basil and galangal are not available in every part of the world. So, I thought it’s a good idea to use simmer sauce rather than make this curry from scratch. If simmer sauce is not available, feel free to use Thai green curry paste. The only thing to remember is that you’ll only need a couple of tablespoons of the paste.
If you are not into chicken, replace it with prawns, beef, lamb, or even vegetables like broccoli, green beans and carrots. In short, customize it anyway you want. Isn’t that the best feature of a curry?
Apart from green curry simmer sauce and your favorite protein, this recipe also need loads of coconut milk and green beans. Again, pick your favorite veggies to go in the curry like broccoli, carrots, or even bamboo shoots that will give it an authentic touch.
Oh, this Thai green chicken curry tastes so good. A deliciously simple recipe that goes well with rice, noodles, and pasta! And I’m obsessed with that green color.
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into cubes (I used thigh fillets)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8-10 green beans
- 500g Thai green curry simmer sauce or 3 tbsp green curry paste
- ¼ cup coconut milk (Or 1 cup coconut milk if using curry paste)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add soy sauce and cornflour. Toss well to coat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans to the pan. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. When nearly cooked, add simmer sauce (or curry paste if using). Add chicken, coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Garnish with coriander (cilantro) leaves.
- Serve Thai green chicken curry with rice, noodles or pasta
- Replace chicken with prawns, tofu or beef to make your favorite curry
- Apart from green beans, you can also add zucchini, carrot, bell pepper (capsicum) or bamboo shoots
Like this Thai green chicken curry recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out:
- Malabar Chicken Curry
- Ginger Chicken
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Tawa Chicken
- Butter Chicken
- Chettinad Pepper Chicken Roast