Spicy thai chicken noodles – Thai style noodles with chicken, plenty of veggies and a touch of chili. Simple, easy to make, delicious and ready in just 30 minutes!
If you’re a big fan of Asian style noodles and also love a touch of heat, this recipe is just right for you. I’m so excited about this noodle recipe which combines two of my most favorite things in terms of food – noodles and spices.
Although the chili paste I’ve used in this recipe is less spicy, I love the depth of flavor it adds to the whole dish. There’s no specific measurement as to how much chili you need to add, it all depends on your taste buds. I think this one ingredient makes this Thai chicken noodles so unique and unbelievably tasty.
I’d also recommend adding plenty of veggies to the noodles. They make the recipe more nutritious and even adds a pop of color to the plain noodles. Bright colors definitely makes food more appealing. And in this case, it all comes naturally from the veggies you add. So I choose red cabbage, red capsicum (bell pepper), red onions and spring onions. Lovely shades of red, purple and green makes this dish so cool, right?
There are, obviously, other veggies that you can add to this delicious noodles such as,
- Chinese cabbage
- bean sprouts
- baby corn
Now you’ve plenty of choices to brighten up your dish.
I was also planning to garnish this noodles with toasted peanuts. But I completely forgot all about that and ended up without any toppings at all. However, when you make this recipe, remember to sprinkle over some peanuts or fried noodles for an extra crunch. Or add dried chili flakes for extra heat.
To be honest, you really need to try this recipe to see how delicious it is. Play around with the ingredients, have fun in the kitchen, and don’t forget the toppings. Enjoy this spicy thai chicken noodles for your next dinner!
- 440g your favorite noodles (I used udon noodles)
- 350g boneless chicken (breast or thigh), cut into strips
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- A pinch of sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2cm ginger, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced spring onions
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp oil
- Toasted peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- Cook noodles following the packet directions. Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2-3 minutes. Use a fork to gently separate the strands. Drain and set aside.
- Combine together fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili paste and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place chicken strips in a large bowl or zip lock bag. Add one tablespoon of the sauce. Mix well to coat the chicken strips in the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir fry ginger and garlic for 2 minutes. Add chicken strips. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add all the veggies. Stir in the rest of the sauce. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Stir in the noodles. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until the noodles are heated through. Remove from heat.
- Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Garnish with toasted peanuts if you like.