Chocolate Salted Caramel Cups – A fun and creative way to enjoy the heavenly combo of chocolate and salted caramel sauce. The classic flavors of chocolate and salted caramel sauce combine together to take you on an exciting taste adventure.
Chocolate = My most favorite treat in the world. Caramel = My second favorite treat in the world. Imagine chocolate and caramel in one dessert. Total bliss.
Now you know how much I love these chocolate salted caramel cups. These are chocolatey, sweet, salty and everything in between. This recipe is all about chocolate and salted caramel taken to a whole new level.
I hope you remember the last post in which we discussed about making the perfect salted caramel sauce. Well, some of the sauce went straight into these cute little cups. Who could resist the smooth caramel flowing out of those cups?
On one side, these chocolate salted caramel cups are super simple and easy to make, but on the other side, these look like very intricate culinary masterpieces. Well, that’s obviously the best part of this recipe.
First, you’ll need to make the chocolate cups, and then fill them with salted caramel. Top with more melted chocolate to make little cups with a surprise caramel filling inside. Easy, right?
I think you know how to make chocolate cups already from one of the old recipes. If not, don’t worry, I’m going to explain everything in detail again. Don’t forget to watch the video as well.
The recipe for these chocolate salted caramel cups starts with making chocolate cups. I used mini cupcake liners in this recipe. Melt the chocolate, spread it in the cups, and refrigerate until set.
Next up, the salted caramel filling. With caramel, you have two options- homemade or store bought. I used homemade sauce in this recipe. Add around a teaspoon of the sauce into each cup. Then top with more melted chocolate. Refrigerate again until set.
Done. Simple, easy and cute little cups of pure happiness. That’s what these chocolate salted caramel cups are all about. So, are you ready to sharpen your creative skills in cooking?
- 3 cups milk or dark chocolate chips or buttons (I used milk chocolate) (1 cup = 200g)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce (Link for the recipe right below this recipe)
- 12 mini paper cases or cupcake liners
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in the oil. Microwave for one minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner. Spread the chocolate evenly using a spoon or pastry brush. Refrigerate for one to two hours or until set.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of salted caramel sauce into each paper case or cupcake liner. Top with more melted chocolate. Refrigerate again for another one to two hours or until set.
- Keep in refrigerator until used.
- Before serving, gently peel the paper cases.
**** Get the Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce recipe here.