Cheesy garlic pull apart bread – With oodles of flavor and great texture, this pull apart variation of garlic bread makes a superb, crowd-pleasing appetizer for your next gathering. This recipe is all about the joy and happiness of sharing food. Of course, in a very delicious way.
Truth to be told, I just can’t resist the combination of garlic, butter and cheese. It’s packed with an unbelievable amount of deliciousness. Naturally, butter is notorious for its unhealthy fats that are not so good for your body. However, I think occasional and moderate consumption of butter has its own nutritional benefits.
Alright, let’s focus on this drool worthy garlic pull apart bread for now.
First, the bread. Choose your favorite. The easiest way to go. I’ve used Cobb loaf in this recipe which is one of my most loved type of bread. You see, when it comes to breads, I’ve so many to choose from. What’s your favorite bread?
We’re going to fill this bread with amazingly delicious garlic butter. Garlic, butter and herbs combined together to make a smooth paste. Again, with herbs, you can add what you like. Each herb gives a different kind of flavor to the garlic bread. I decided to go with Italian seasoning which is a mixture of Italian herbs.
Now that the paste is ready, we’ll prep the bread by cutting it in a criss-cross manner. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through. Use a flat spoon or knife to rub the paste onto the slits.
You’ll also need to fill the cracks with cheese. I think mozzarella is the perfect choice in this recipe. However, cheddar cheese also works well. Finally, brush the whole bread with melted butter in order to create that glaze on top of the bread.
Time to bake now. Place the gorgeous looking pull apart bread in the oven, and bake until the cheese melts. Serve this bread on its own, or dip in your favorite marinara sauce.
So, what do you think about this recipe? For me, this cheesy garlic pull apart bread is a total joy.
- 1 cobb loaf (or your favorite bread)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (or add your favorite herbs)
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Melted butter, to brush the top of bread
- Preheat oven to 200C / 350F. Line a baking tray with baking (parchment) paper.
- Combine together garlic, butter and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the bread in a criss-cross pattern. Do not cut all the way through.
- Rub garlic butter into the bread cracks. Fill the cracks with mozzarella.
- Brush the top of bread with melted butter.
- Place the bread on the baking tray, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Like this cheesy garlic pull apart bread recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: