Banana oat pancakes – A healthier way to enjoy your favorite pancakes for breakfast. Start your day with a nutritious meal packed with the goodness of oats, bananas and milk. It’s super simple to whip up, and incredibly delicious!
I think every special occasion and celebration in our life is a collection of beautiful memories. And these beautiful memories are always connected to food. Basically, we need food to celebrate. The fact is food makes every occasion extra special.
Well, today I want to talk to you about a recipe that perfectly fits any special occasion including Mother’s Day coming up this Sunday. A healthy and super delicious banana oat pancakes recipe.
So what’s so special about these pancakes? Are these easy to make? How do you make them? Wait! I’m going to answer all your questions.
The truth is the cooking process involved in this banana oat pancake is super simple. I’ve made these umpteen times, and it turned out to be so good that I decided to share it with you. Needless to say, there are so many different variations of this recipe, and I’m so excited about my favorite version.
If you want to eat healthy or just looking for a tasty gluten free version, these banana oat pancakes are just for you. It’s healthy and gluten free without compromising on taste. Totally yum!
First, the oatmeal gets a quick whizz in the blender to turn into fine powder. This ground oatmeal is the basic ingredient of the pancake batter. Then you add in the rest of the ingredients except chocchips, and give it another quick whizz. And you’re ready to cook these pancakes. The best part is that all the mixing happens in the blender. No bowls required! Ridiculously simple and easy!
The bananas keep these pancakes naturally sweet. So the addition of sugar in these banana oat pancakes is totally optional.
You might notice that the batter gets thicker over time. In that case, add a bit more milk and give it another quick whizz in the blender.
For a special breakfast, don’t forget to add plenty of chocchips to the batter. I love to serve these pancakes with a big scoop of ice cream. Now, that’s one heavenly breakfast!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 large banana
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 200 ml milk
- 2 tbsp choc chips (optional)
- Chocolate ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Place rolled oats in the blender. Grind to a fine powder. Add banana, sugar (if using), cinnamon and milk. Blend again to make smooth batter.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Brush with butter. Pour ¼ cup batter, and spread to form a circle. Place few choc chips on top. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, and make 6-8 pancakes. Brush pan with butter between batches.
- Serve these banana oat pancakes with sliced bananas, honey, maple syrup or ice cream.