Add a twist to your sandwiches with this spicy and delicious idea. This paneer sandwich is made using soft paneer, and is finished with a layer of spicy mayo to make it more flavorful. A simple recipe to make sandwiches more interesting and flavorful!
One thing I love about blogging is, obviously, experimenting new recipes and flavor combinations right in my kitchen. It actually opens up a huge world of different cuisines and interesting fusion ideas. Sometimes, a little imagination and creativity brings about immense joy and happiness to my days. To be honest, a new recipe or even a challenge is what makes this journey of blogging all the more interesting.
I don’t attempt new recipes or challenge myself very often. But when I do, I just can’t wait to share the whole experience with you. When I first tried this spicy paneer sandwich recipe, I didn’t really had any high expectations. I always wanted to create a sandwich with paneer as the core ingredient. Just because of the fact that everyone loves paneer. And when this love for paneer turned into an awesome sandwich, I got super excited. Above all, this is the one lunch idea you’ll need to glide smoothly through this craziest yet happiest time of the year.
I’m a huge fan of homemade paneer, and for this recipe, I cut out thin rectangular block of around 100-150g. If you are time poor, feel free to use store bought paneer. The paneer block gets dipped in a very thick batter made up of flour, paprika and water. Next up, we need a crunchy coating. To do this, coat the paneer with crushed cornflakes. Don’t forget to season the cornflakes as it really adds another layer of flavor. Now shallow fry paneer, and you are done!
The spicy mayo with hot chili sauce is what makes this paneer sandwich really stand out. Assemble the sandwich with layers of spicy mayonnaise, lettuce and crumbed paneer.
- 4tbsp all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp chat masala
- Salt and pepper, to season
- ¾ cup crushed cornflakes
- Salt and pepper, to season
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ - 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 100-150 g rectangular block of paneer
- 2 bread slices
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Combine together flour, cornflour and chili powder in a large bowl. Add water little by little to make thick batter without any lumps. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place cornflakes in a shallow plate. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dip the paneer block first in the batter and then coat in cornflakes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place paneer in hot oil. Fry both sides until golden. Drain on an absorbent towel. Set aside.
- Combine together mayonnaise, hot chili sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise over one bread slice. Top with lettuce and paneer. Place the other bread slice on top. Carefully tip it over so that the bread slice with mayo comes on top. Serve warm.
Like this spicy paneer sandwich recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out:
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Pizza Sandwich
- Sushi Sandwich
- Bombay Sandwich (Grilled Masala Toast)
- Tandoori Chicken Sandwich