Great accompaniment to a spicy Indian meal and easy to throw together – that’s my definition for this wonderful yogurt salad. Without a doubt, it is a must addition to your Indian recipe repertoire.
Even though I chose cucumber and carrot for my raita, the recipe is completely flexible. Feel free to create your own salad using your favorite veggies.
- 1 medium carrot, julienned or chopped
- 1 big cucumber, julienned or chopped
- 3 small green chillies, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1⅓ cup yogurt
- ½ tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.