Yes, you read it right. It’s a pizza omelet. An omelet that looks like a pizza. Probably, the easiest kind of pizza you could ever make.
And here I am with another pizza recipe. This pizza omelet is definitely a keeper as it makes a quick breakfast, an easy filling for sandwiches, and a fuss-free snack.
If you haven’t noticed yet, I’ve an obsession with breakfasts that are quick and easy to make yet satisfying and delicious. When mornings are hectic, the last thing I want to do is spending hours in the kitchen prepping breakfast. That’s when these super easy ideas come to the rescue.
Coming back to this pizza omelet, there’s nothing fancy going on in this recipe. All I did is make an omelet and then add my favorite toppings including cheese. Since we’re going to cook this on stove top, it’s important you choose an easy to melt cheese like cheddar. I used easy to melt pizza blend which I came across while hunting for cheddar at the supermarket.
Add this to your quick and easy breakfast list. Don’t forget. You’ll thank me later.
To start with, lightly whisk the eggs along with the Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a pan and pour half of the egg mixture. Leave it to cook.
Reduce heat to low. Spread half of tomato paste on top. And then you can add the toppings. Add half of cheese. Then half of your favorite toppings. I’ve added olives, bell peppers (capsicum) and cherry tomatoes. Cover with a lid. Cook until the veggies are tender.
Repeat with the rest of the egg mixture and toppings.
- 8 eggs
- 1tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¾ cup easy to melt pizza blend or any other easy to melt cheese
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced into circles
- 10 black pitted olives, sliced into circles
- 1large green chili, finely chopped
- Lightly whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Stir seasoning into it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour half of the egg mixture into the pan. Cook until it sets.
- Reduce heat to low. Spread 1 tbsp tomato paste on the omelet. Add the rest of the toppings- half of cheese and then half of veggies.
- Cook, covered, until the cheese has melted and veggies are cooked. Remove from heat.
- Repeat with the rest of the egg mixture and veggies.
- Instead of making 2 pizza, you could make 4 if you like