Honey soy noodles – Noodles cooked in lip-smacking honey soy sauce is the best way to celebrate weeknight dinners. With its simple and super easy feature, this is the perfect way to impress your loved ones!
Sometimes all you need to end your day in a fabulous way is a lazy dinner. I mean, simple meal adorned with layers of flavors and vibrant taste. Just the way this Asian style honey soy noodles will turn a regular meal into a showstopper.
Honestly, there’s something about the combination of soy sauce and honey that makes this noodles totally amazing. The perfect balance of soy and sweet honey is the key to making absolutely delicious noodles.
You see, this is such a super simple recipe that every cook need in their repertoire. Simple yet delicious. No complicated steps, and no unfamiliar ingredients. You just need to choose your favorite noodles, and let it soak up all the flavors from the honey soy mixture. Simple as that!
Honey and soy are the two star ingredients in this honey soy noodles recipe. Combine these two ingredients together to make a killer sauce. And this sauce is obviously the key element in this recipe.
You’ll also need to sauté ginger and garlic to add another layer of flavor. I also chose to add a few veggies like onions, bell peppers, carrots, corn and mushrooms to make this meal filling and nutritious. You can also add your favorite protein if you like. You know, we’re talking about a totally customizable dinner idea. Doesn’t that sound so good?
And that sesame seed topping. Don’t forget to sprinkle those little seeds on top. It’s a MUST. I love the beautiful contrast it adds to this honey soy noodles.
Make this Asian classic right in your own home. Dinner can’t get simpler and tastier than this!
- 400g hokkien noodles
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1" piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into thin sticks
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 canned baby corn,cut in halves
- To prepare the noodles, follow the package directions. Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with water. Let it soak for 2-5 minutes. Using a fork, gently separate the strands. Drain, and set aside.
- To make the honey soy mixture, combine together honey and soy in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for few seconds. Add all the vegetables except corn. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the honey soy mixture. Stir fry for one minute. Add corn. Stir fry for few seconds. Stir in the noodles. Heat through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Like this honey soy noodles recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out:
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Thai Chicken Noodles
- Masala Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
- Creamy Tomato Tuna Pasta