Honey chilli potato – There’s nothing better than crispy french fries tossed in spicy honey sauce. Spicy chilli sauce and sweet honey brings about a pop of flavor in every bite. Create these fries with a twist for your next gathering and wow your guests!
When it comes to fast food, is there anything better than crunchy, munchy french fries? Seriously, no! Just like you, I’m also a huge fan of this deep fried goodness. Well, that explains why I love making this even at home. But with some serious twists, obviously!
So, here’s a totally different version of french fries tossed in a sweet and spicy honey chilli sauce, and of course, plenty of red chilli flakes for extra heat. Honestly, everything in this honey chilli potato recipe – from french fries to the sauce – is absolutely scrumptious.
First of all, let’s make the fries. Have you ever made regular french fries at home? Well, today we’re going to make its spiced up version. We’re going to coat the potatoes in a corn flour + red chilli powder mixture. So easy. Now, if you are thinking how to cut those potatoes, choose your favorite way. Battens or long strips, slices, wedges. It’s upto you.
Once the potatoes are coat in the spicy mixture, shake off the excess flour, and deep fry until golden. You see, you have two options here. Deep fry or bake in the oven at 200ºC for 10-15 minutes. Done!
Next up, the second part of this honey chilli potato. The honey chilli sauce. Honey and red chilli sauce sautéed with spring onions and garlic. This is the killer sauce that makes these potatoes extra amazing. When the sauce is ready, add in the fries. Give it a quick toss. Then sprinkle with red chilli flakes if you like. You see, such a simple appetizer bursting with flavors.
Now, don’t forget to whip up a batch of these honey chilli potatoes for your next gathering. Enjoy every crunchy bite!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1-2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Combine together cornflour and red chilli powder in a large bowl. Add potatoes. Toss the potatoes well in the cornflour mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat oil for deep frying in a large pan. Shake off excess flour and add potatoes to the hot oil. Deep fry until golden. When done, drain onto an absorbent paper towel. Season with salt. Seat aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in another large frying pan over medium-high heat. Saute garlic for a few seconds. Add spring onions. Saute, stirring occasionally, for one minute. Add red chilli sauce, vinegar and honey. Season with salt. Cook for one minute.
- Add the potatoes, and toss well in the sauce.
Like this honey chilli potato recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Check out similar recipes:
- Aloo Tikki (Indian Potato Patties)
- Cheese Chilli Toast Sticks
- Poha (Rice Flakes) Cutlet
- Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Gobi (Cauliflower) 65