Salted Caramel Sauce – With just 5 ingredients, create this perfectly smooth salted caramel right in your home. Master the ultimate recipe for an exciting taste sensation!
I’m literally obsessed with chocolate. A small piece of chocolate is more than enough to turn a boring, gloomy day into a happy one. If there is one thing I really love other than heavenly chocolate, it’s caramel. To be exact, salted caramel.
So, sometimes I make a salted caramel sauce that compliments well with so many desserts. In short, this sauce is just pure heaven.
Every time I made this, I also tried to come up with the perfect recipe. I mean, the perfect ratio of each and every ingredient used in this recipe. Well, the correct ratio is one factor that determines the final outcome. And after a few trails and errors, here I am, with the best salted caramel sauce recipe made just for you.
So here’s how you make this ultimate salted caramel. And follow all the tips to make sure you make this utterly delicious.
- Combine water and sugar in a large pan. Use a large saucepan or pot as the caramel will bubble up when you add the cream.
- When you boil water and sugar together, do not stir. You can swirl it every now and then to make sure sugar is dissolved completely.
- However, constant stirring is mandatory when you add cream. This will make sure the cream is incorporated evenly resulting in a very smooth texture for your caramel.
- Once sugar is dissolved, you will need to stand near the stove watching caramel closely. Perfect caramel can turn into burned caramel in a matter of minutes.
- Remember caramel is super hot. So be very careful. Let it cool down before you can really enjoy it.
- A pinch of sea salt is all you need to add that salty touch.
- Store this salted caramel sauce in sterilized jars in the refrigerator for upto two weeks
Enjoy this heavenly sauce straight from the jar, or drizzle onto ice creams, cakes and other sweet treats. One of my most favorite ways to enjoy this caramel sauce is in hot chocolate. You won’t believe the depth of flavor it adds to the drink. Divine!
That’s it! The best homemade salted caramel sauce!
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup granulated (powdered or caster) sugar
- ½ cup heavy (thickened) cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Place water and sugar in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Do not stir. Once the sugar has dissolved completely, the mixture will start to bubble. When sugar is caramelized and gets a light brown color, remove the pan from heat. The whole process will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cream little by little, stirring, until you get a very smooth sauce. Add in butter and give it a good stir. Add in sea salt, and stir again.
- Place the pan back on the stovetop over low flame. Cook, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted completely.
- Remove from the heat, and leave it to cool. The mixture will thicken slightly while cooling.
- Store in sterilized jars for upto 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Like this salted caramel sauce recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also check out: