Egg masala fry – Tossed in a spicy masala, these eggs are a great side dish for a nutritious and hearty meal. Simple, quick, easy and super delicious!
Quick and easy are two magic words in the kitchen. You can’t deny the fact that a simple quick and easy dish can also be delicious and flavorful. I know for me quick prep and fast cooking only mean one thing- more time with my family. While I love cooking an elaborate meal for my loved ones, there are times when I really want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family or friends. And that’s when the magic of quick and easy comes to my rescue.
This egg masala fry is one of the simplest recipes on the planet that you don’t even need a specific recipe to cook it. It’s just all about hard boiled eggs tossed in a spicy masala. Honestly, the very mention of the words quick and easy gets me super excited. As a perfect side dish, this is one of my go-to recipes for a hectic day. And above all, don’t these eggs coated in a simple masala looks incredibly delicious?
Ok now, how do you make this special egg masala fry?
First, you need some hard boiled eggs. While boiling the eggs, don’t forget to add a pinch of salt to the water so the shells will come off very easily. I recommend cutting the eggs into halves so they will absorb all the flavors from the masala.
Second, the masala. The making of masala involves tempering of few spices. Splutter few mustard, fennel and cumin seeds, and then sauté ground turmeric, ground coriander and garam masala. A few curry leaves and green chilies add another layer of flavor. Toss the eggs in masala.
And there you go! A simple yet utterly delicious egg masala fry is ready to be devoured!
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 4 hard boiled eggs, shells removed and cut in halves
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- Salt, to season
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Splutter fennel seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Add crushed garlic cloves. Saute for a minute or until aromatic. Add turmeric, coriander, garam masala and red chili powder. Saute for a minute. Add curry leaves. Season with salt. Saute for few seconds. Add eggs. Toss them in the masala.
- Serve warm with rice, roti or paratha.
Like this egg masala fry recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out:
- Egg Masala
- Andhra Style Egg Curry
- Egg Fried Rice
- Egg Biryani
- Masala Omlette Rolls
- Bell Pepper Egg-in-a-Hole