I have been longing to make mushroom pulao for a very long time and finally, I’ve done it. In the beginning I was a bit concerned about mushrooms getting overcooked , but the dish just turned out to be perfect.
Other pulao recipes:
- • 2 cups basmati rice
- • 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- • 2 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cloves
- 1 dried bay leaf
- • 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large green chili, slit
- • ½ tsp garlic paste
- • ½ tsp ginger paste
- • 2tbsp ghee
- • 2 cups water
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup coriander and mint leaves
- • Coriander leaves, to garnish
- • Salt to taste
- Toasted cashewnuts, to garnish (optional)
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan or casserole. Splutter fennel and cumin seeds. Add dry spices - cardamom, bay leaf and cloves. Saute for few seconds. Add onion and green chilies. Fry until onion begins to brown. Add ginger and garlic. Saute until aromatic. Now throw in the sliced mushrooms and leaves. Mix well and fry for a while.
- Stir in rice and yogurt, and fry over low heat. Add 4 cups water and enough salt. Cover with a lid. Bring to a boil, and then simmer over very low heat until the rice is cooked. Remove from flame. Leave to stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.