Coconut burfi ice cream – Coconut burfi meets ice cream to keep you cool this summer the most delicious way. While cream and condensed milk makes an easy- peasy base for this ice cream, toasted coconut adds a delicious crunch. A touch of cardamom turns this into a highly irresistible treat.
If you ask me how I would like to spend summer, it’s most likely that I’ll say “with plenty of ice cream in all sorts of flavors”. I love ice cream! When it comes to this frozen treat, I just simply can’t count calories. Well, is that good or bad? I don’t know. But I bet noone will be able to resist a couple of scoops of this simple dessert.
Do you remember I told you all about how much I love coconuts in desserts? Adding coconuts to ice cream can actually give it a whole new level of flavor.
This coconut burfi ice cream is all about the lovely, fun and interesting tropical flavor of coconut. It brings sweetened cream and crunchy coconut together in a dessert.
Shall we talk more about my new favorite ice cream recipe?
The base of this coconut burfi ice cream is a super simple way of making homemade ice cream. It’s a combination of whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. I should say, this is such an awesome recipe. Just whip cream and fold in the condensed milk. And add your favorite flavor. Use this as a base for any kind of ice cream you want to make.
Ok. As I’m making a coconut flavored ice cream, I also fold in a bit of coconut cream. You can use coconut milk if you like. But I highly recommend coconut cream as it is the first extract from coconut and way thicker than coconut milk.
Now, the second part of the ice cream that adds the real AWESOME factor is coconut toasted with cardamom. Toast coconut for maximum flavor. Trust me on this. This is going to be one killer ice cream recipe. Coconut burfi or slices of toasted coconut meets simple ice cream. Enjoy!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom (cardamom powder)
- 2 cups heavy (thickened) cream
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- Place a frying pan over low heat. Add coconut. Fry, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until coconut starts to brown. Add cardamom. Continue frying for another 1-2 minutes or until coconut turns golden. Remove from heat. Leave it to cool.
- Place heavy cream in a bowl. Using an electric or hand-held mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold in condensed milk gently. Fold in coconut cream gently. Finally, add the toasted coconut little by little, and fold in gently. Reserve a little coconut to garnish.
- Pour the mixture into a container. Sprinkle some coconut on top. Cover with aluminium foil. Freeze for 6 hours.
- Garnish with remaining toasted coconut.
- You can also use chopped pistachios to garnish ice cream.
Like this coconut burfi ice cream? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram to receive latest updates. Also, check out: