I’m not a fan of winter at all. I like long sunny days rather than short chilly days. However, there’s one thing I really love about winter. Citrus fruits. You can find them everywhere now.
Oranges. For some reason I always buy plenty of them when they’re in season. Next I spent hours trying to figure out what to do with them. Luckily, last Sunday was also my kind of perfect day. Sunny with a light cool breeze. So naturally I jumped at the opportunity to make a delicious drink.
This simple orange lassi is a perfect combination of all things healthy – oranges, yogurt and milk.
- 1 orange, peeled, cut into segments
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of your choice (honey or sugar)
- ½ - ¾ cup milk
- Ice cubes, to serve (optional)
- Chocolate syrup, to coat the glass
- Mint leaves and orange rind, to garnish (optional)
- Place orange segments, yogurt, sweetener and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- To make the swirl effect, pour chocolate syrup on the sides of the glass and use a small spoon to spread it.
- Pour orange lassi into the glass. Add ice cubes, if you like. Garnish with mint leaves and orange rind, if you like.