Are you a huge fan of festivals and celebrations? With so much happiness and sweets around, who could say no to joyful moments with friends and family? Are you ready to enjoy the array of festivities lining up for you over the next few months? Diwali. Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year.
Look what I’ve brought for you this festival season. Coconut ladoos. Yum. Stuffed with chocolate. Double yum. Can ladoos be any better? No.
Coconut ladoos are one dessert I make very often because they are insanely easy to make. I bet even the laziest cooks will enjoy making them for their loved ones.
To make these coconut ladoos extra delicious and make you super genius in the kitchen, I’ve stuffed them with chocolate truffles. Yes, you heard it right. Divine truffles. Don’t worry. I’ve got the easiest way to make the truffles.
So are you excited to make these chocolate stuffed coconut ladoos? Then, read on.
The first step is making the chocolate truffles. I’m going to use the double boiler method to do this. Simmer water in a large saucepan on medium-low heat. Place chocolate buttons and cream in a bowl. The bowl should be small enough to fit inside the large saucepan, but it should not touch the simmering water. When the chocolate starts to melt, stir it.
Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract. Mix well. Let it cool. Once it cools down to room temperature, place it in the refrigerator until it sets.
Now you can make the ladoos. Place coconut in a large pan over low heat. Stir continuously until it is lightly toasted. But don’t let it change color.
Add condensed milk. Stir continuously. When the mixture is ready, you can see it leaving the sides of the pan. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
Roll them into lemon sized balls. Make a dip in the center of the balls. Place a small scoop of chocolate in the middle.
Roll them again. Roll in more coconut.
- 1 ¼ cups milk chocolate buttons
- ¼ cup thickened (heavy) cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 can (397 g) condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, to roll the ladoos
- Place chocolate buttons and cream in a bowl. Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method. When the chocolate starts to melt, stir to combine and remove from flame. Stir in vanilla extract. Let it cool to room temperature. Transfer to refrigerator and cool again for 1-2 hours, or until it sets.
- Place desiccated coconut in a large pan over low heat. Lightly toast the coconut, but not browned. Stir condensed milk into the coconut. Cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, roll the mixture into lemon sized balls.
- Make a dip in the center of each ball. Place a small amount of chocolate in the middle, and roll again to cover it. Roll the ladoos in more desiccated coconut.