Bread cheese balls – Bring more fun to your entertaining table with these cheesy bread rolls that makes for the perfect appetizer everyone will love. Customize with your favorite filling to create spectacular bite- sized cheesy goodness this holiday season!
Hey, look, I’ve made a cheesy appetizer for you. If you’re a cheese lover, this is so perfect for you. And I have so many reasons to call this the perfect appetizer.
One: These cheese balls are absolutely delicious. Everyone in the family loved them. These are oozing with cheesy goodness hidden inside a very crispy ball. Super fun to make! And like I said before, so perfect.
Initially , I was a bit skeptical about making the balls without causing even one single tear in the bread. But with some gentle care and attention, it turned out to be a lot easier, and I made perfect rounds of bread. I totally enjoyed making these bread cheese balls. These little appetizers are the best.
Two: You can customize these anyway you like. I mean, the filling of these balls. Besides the ooey gooey cheese, I also added some onions and carrots that are chopped as fine as possible. And this is where the ‘customizable’ part comes in. Simply add your favorite veggies or anything you have on hand. Even chopped green chilies and red chili flakes can also go into these balls if you prefer a spicy touch.
Three: The perfectly crispy and crunchy outer layer of these bread cheese balls is going to impress your guests at your next gathering. In order to achieve that right amount of crispness, I dipped the balls first in egg wash and then in breadcrumbs. Deep frying definitely imparts the golden color. If you are thinking about a healthier option, bake them. However, I recommend deep frying to get that crispy and golden outer layer.
And one more thing before we go the recipe – Make sure you make enough for eveyone as these cheesy balls will disappear within seconds.
- 8 bread slices
- 8, one inch cheese cubes (I used cheddar)
- ½ cup finely chopped vegetables ( onion, carrot, green chilies)
- Egg wash (1egg + 2tbsp milk)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the vegetable mixture with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the crusts from bread slices.
- Dip bread slices in water (one at a time). Squeeze out excess water without tearing the bread. Place the slice carefully on a plate. Place 2 tbsp of vegetable mixture and 1 cheese cube in the center of the bread slice. Bring the sides together, and make a ball. Squeeze out all the extra water. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining bread slices, vegetable mixture and cheese cubes.
- Dip each bread cheese ball first in egg wash and then in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Deep fry the bread balls. When golden on all sides, drain on an absorbent towel.
- Alternatively, you can bake them at 180C for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- I used cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you can try mozzarella instead.
Like this bread cheese balls recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: