Tandoori chicken meatballs – Loaded with classic tandoori flavors, these juicy meatballs are easy to make and super healthy. Get creative, and pop them into burgers or wraps with your favorite fillings. Great for entertaining, these mini appetizers will blow your mind.
Meatballs are a favorite among adults and kids alike, and for good reason. From a simple snack to a crowd- pleasing appetizer, these are an easy way to impress your family and guests. Moreover, they taste great.
I think these tandoori chicken meatballs showcases Indian-inspired food in a beautiful manner. On one side, they are loaded with traditional Indian spices, while on the other side, they are baked to perfection making them super healthy. I love the fact that this recipe is super simple, and can be prepared really quick.
Apart from the healthy baked chicken meatballs, one of my favorite part of this recipe is the eye-catching glaze. This glaze is actually a combo of sweet and spicy flavors which will literally tantalize your tastebuds.
Ok, to this tandoori chicken meatballs recipe. We are going to combine the minced chicken with plenty of spices. All the ingredients in this recipe are easily available, and I think you can find them in your local grocery store. Well, except one. I’m talking about dried fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi that’s only available from your local Indian grocery store. I really love the flavor it adds to these meatballs.
To make these chicken meatballs super moist and super juicy, I replaced breadcrumbs with fresh bread in this recipe. Trust me, this humble ingredient is going to make them ridiculously delicious.
Once the meatballs are baked, toss them in the glaze. The glaze is basically a combination of soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce, and few spices. Coat the meatballs with the vibrant sauce. Done!
- 2 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 kg minced chicken (ground chicken)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- 2 tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground fennel (fennel powder)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (black pepper powder)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ - 1 tsp red chili powder
- Juice from half of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 tbsp grated onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 1 tsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce (tomato ketchup)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- Tear the bread slices and place in a food processor. Process to make fine breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C or 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment (baking) paper. Set aside.
- Place chicken, breadcrumbs, ground turmeric, ground coriander, garam masala, ground fennel, ground black pepper, paprika, chili powder, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, coriander (cilantro) leaves and onions in a large bowl. Season with salt. Mix. Make small lemon sized balls out of the mixture. ( I got around 42 meatballs). Transfer the balls onto a baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute or until aromatic. Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce (if using) and vinegar. Cook for few minutes. Add the baked chicken meatballs into the pan. Toss.
- Garnish with coriander (cilantro) leaves if you like.
Like this tandoori chicken meatballs recipe? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube. Also, check out: