So, what’s so special about this sandwich? Needless to say, the combo of tandoori spiced chicken and mashed avocado makes every bite delightful. It’s incredibly tasty that right now I’m obsessed with this amazingly delicious sandwich.
Chicken marinated in spices and then oven baked is undoubtedly the star of this sandwich. Plus, the avocado accentuates the deliciousness, which to be honest, delivers an extraordinary flavor you don’t want to miss out on.
Did I mention this avocado tandoori chicken sandwich is absolutely healthy for you? Skinless chicken (chicken breasts in this case) and avocados make it so good and nutritious.
This is one sandwich recipe you should try even if you’re not an avocado lover. Trust me on this. You might even change your mind.
To make this chicken sandwich, first, make a smooth paste using the homemade tandoori paste. You can find the recipe here. I’ve only used a quarter of the original paste. To make it easy for you, I’ve written down the measurements used in this recipe. You can find it with full recipe below. I used ground turmeric, ground coriander, ground fennel, garam masala, red chili powder, paprika, ground black pepper, minced ginger and garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, dried fenugreek leaves, oil, and enough salt to make the paste. Then I rubbed the paste onto the chicken, and marinated it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
To bake the chicken, preheat oven to 200ºC, and bake for 30 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, cut into slices.
The bread used in this recipe is 9″ batard. You can use any type of bread you like. To assemble the sandwich, first, spread the avocado onto the bread. Then, arrange chicken on top of avocado. Enjoy!
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground fennel
- ½ tsp Kashmiri chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 300 g boneless chicken (I used 1 chicken breast)
- 1 9" batard or any bread of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Combine together ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, fennel, red chili powder (if using), paprika, black pepper, yogurt, 2 tsp lemon juice, fenugreek leaves, oil, and enough salt in a bowl to form a smooth paste. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Place chicken in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Slice into small pieces.
- To make avocado mash: Place mashed avocado in a bowl. stir in 1 tsp lemon juice, enough salt and pepper.
- To assemble sandwich: Cut the bread horizontally. Smear mashed avocado on one side of the bread. Arrange the chicken pieces on top. Cut in half.