Indian potatoes and cauliflower a.k.a Aloo gobi.
Cubes of potatoes and cauliflower florets coated in spices, accentuated by a sprinkle of garam masala.
It’s always my first choice for dinner on a super busy day. It’s quick, easy, and very healthy. Moreover, perfect when I want to cook simple meals for the family. With just a few basic ingredients from the pantry, you can cook a hearty vegetarian dish really quickly.
This recipe is actually a stir fried version of my favourite, Cauliflower and Potato Curry. In my opinion, both the recipes are delicious and mouthwatering.
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small tomato, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic pods, crushed
- 2-3 small green chillies, slit in halves (optional- I didn’t use them)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilly powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Steamed rice or roti, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Splutter cumin seeds. Add garlic, and sauté for few seconds. Add onions, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes soft and translucent. Add tomatoes and green chillies (if using), and sauté, stirring occasionally, until it starts to break down.
- Reduce heat to low. Add ground turmeric, ground coriander, chilly powder, and garam masala. Saute for few seconds. Add potatoes and cauliflower, and mix well. Increase the heat to medium. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes. When done, sprinkle garam masala, and mix well. Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or roti.